I mean, if you're not described as sexy by the male species then you have no worth. If you are a double digit pant size then you are contributing to the obesity "epidemic". And if you enjoy eating chocolate or chips then you should seriously be ashamed of yourselves.
Well, I call bull shit. Commercialism has taken the beauty out of being a human being. We should embrace every single inch of our skin. Yet, we are taught..no, brain washed into thinking that bones are beautiful.

Look at this model. Completely washed out. Her eyes are dead. Collar bones exposed. Where is the life in this photo?

Perfect physique. Emotionless expression. Slick hair. Totally unrealistic environment. Like, who is climbing rope while wearing expensive underwear?

Now, this one makes me mad. Stereotypical woman, controlled by a man. Being sexualized and objectified. No display of confidence or strength. She is simply portrayed as weak an incapable of standing on her own two feet.
What in the world does this picture have to do with a pair of stinkin' jeans? So- if I buy these yellow jeans a super hottie will cuddle me for eternity, and we will live happily ever after while I just lie down because I'm too weak to fend for myself? I don't think so.

Calling all women! Be delicious. Because if you're not appealing to a man then you aren't going to become anyone of importance. (gag)
Now this one irks me to no end. It pretty much sums up the advertising industry. Men are dominant in today's society. They are expected to be lean and strong enough to hold their women. Because apparently women can't walk in any of these campaigns. And women- our duty in society is to be sexy and please the men. Let them carry us. Be thin. Be beautiful. And be submissive. Most disgusting picture I've ever seen.

What happened to us, world? What happened to the days when women were allowed to have curves without being deemed obese? The days when we could pick up men with our clothes on.
The one thing all of these pictures share is they are an unrealistic portrayal of the human race. And we still aim for that kind of perfection. Because the media says that's what is acceptable and gorgeous. And who doesn't want to be gorgeous and accepted? Well, not me-- if it means looking like that. I like my freckles and rosy cheeks. I even like that my butt is huge and my teeth aren't white. I love that I have rolls and thick thighs. Why shouldn't I? Those are the features that make me, me. They separate me from everyone else. So why do we try so desperately to be the same?
Our idea of what is beautiful has become so distorted. The magazines we admire are full of emotionless, thin, super uninspiring, not representative of real life, sexual, and weak individuals.
It's time to bring some life back into these mags! I want to see everyday people. Because they are the inspiring and beautiful ones. I find beauty in catching someone snap chatting or sneakily taking a selfie. I find beauty in witnessing a hug between friends or a kiss between lovers. It's refreshing. It's breath taking. And most importantly, it's REAL.
Let's stop abiding by societies standards. Because they just aren't high enough. We are better than these perfect photographs. Because we are so full of flaws. And that is so rad.
Look at these!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.upworthy.com/look-at-these-beautiful-women-then-see-how-much-photoshop-this-fashion-magazine-chose-to-use
and
http://www.upworthy.com/a-catalog-that-believes-reality-can-sell-clothes-better-than-photoshop?c=reccon1
OMG! Love these. This makes me happy! Why not every mag?! Why not all the time?! ugghh. So beautiful.
ReplyDelete