Hi beautiful.
Wait. You're more than that. Hello you intelligent, life shaping, world changing, magical human being. I've missed you. Your spirit- oh, your gentle spirit. Where has it been? Has it been tied up in the pressure of day to day commitments? Did it get stuck in a web of negativity? Has a lost love shattered it beyond recognition? Wherever it went, I'm here to help you get it back. My wish for you is that your breath taking spirit never dwindles to the point of extinction. I pray that no matter how dark the hole is--you always make it out.
You've neglected yourself, dear friend. You have tried to be everything to everyone. And it's exhausting, isn't it? Sometimes you need someone to hold your hand, too. Sometimes you just need someone to look deeply in your eyes-- all the way into your being-- and try intently to understand you...listen to you...and accept you. Let me be that person. Right now. I'm listening, you wonderful creature. And I see you. I really do. You've been pushed too far. People are expecting the impossible from you lately, and it seems as though you may have lost your way. In fact, you find yourself questioning your life progression. You wonder if you're doing the right things. You wonder why your soul isn't nourished anymore. And you are running on empty.
Let me fill you up. Right now. I'm filling up your tank. I'm filling you with the hopes and dreams you used to believe in. I'm reminding you of the healing touch God has given you. I'm giving you back the energy that others seem to deplete from you, without ill intention. I'm handing you sunshine and rainbows. I'm opening your eyes to the crisp, fresh, hopeful, and vulnerable view that once inspired every ounce of who you are. I'm writing to you, right now. Because I love you. And I hope you know that.
The road ahead may be covered with sharp rocks...and you may feel barefoot, so I'm putting shoes on your feet. To lessen the blows of obstacles. You won't wander through this life alone. Because I will always be there for you. I will always be cheering in your corner. I will always believe in your abilities. I will forever be proud to know you. And I hope instead of focusing on what you have yet to accomplish, you are able to reflect on everything you have built thus far.
You've built a home. And at this point in your life, you're trying to fill it with the finest furniture. And designing is hard-- because it can change at any second. And sometimes you're not confident in your decisions. But it doesn't make them wrong. And it doesn't make your home any less beautiful. When I walk through the doors of the home you have built, I recognize all of the hard work it took to create such a sound structure. Why can't you? Right now I'm giving you my vision. I'm giving it to you so you can see yourself through my eyes. Now do you understand? Do you feel the impact you have made in my life? Do you see how magnificent your soul is? Can you see my admiration for the person you have become?
I'm restoring you, dear friend. Right now, I am placing each fallen fragment of your giving heart in the holes that were created by broken promises and false hope. I'm taking every single broken piece of who you thought you needed to be--- and I'm reconstructing those pieces to make you whole again. I want you to feel fulfilled again.
You are more than you'll ever give yourself credit. So, right now I am giving you the credit you have withheld for far too long. Gosh, you really deserve it.
Honestly, you deserve every inspirational moment out there. You deserve hello's from complete strangers and compliments from coworkers. You deserve a free drink and even a free pass sometimes. You deserve a helping hand. So--I extend my hand to you. And I'm pulling you up from the ground. I'm helping you stand back up on the two feet that have taken you to the most humbling places. I am just a friend, who respects you to the highest degree.
I am writing this letter to you because I know you would write one to me, if I ever needed it. You're a once in a lifetime kind of person. Don't you ever forget it.
Peace to your soul. Hugs to your heart.
-Kelsie
{Sometimes the best scenery is along the detours}
This...this is one of the best things I have ever read..keep it up, I love it so much. And it does make it seem like everything is better, and that everything will be okay, even if it doesn't feel like it quite yet. I always look forward to reading more of what you have to say. Love you Keslie!
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet Carly. Thank you so very much. You're such a big supporter of mine and it really means everything. You are such an influential writer-- and now you're speaking for the community..with such a great tone! You're such an awesome person, Carly. Thank you, again. I love you more than you know. PS) So does Josh.
ReplyDelete